Terms & Conditions
On completion or if work is stopped by customer a charged a £280 will be added to the balance due. All balances due must be paid in accordance with quotation contract if balance remains due after date on contract the late payment fee will be in forced, if payment is outstanding for 30 days 10% of total invoice amount will be due and added to the balance due as per Paint Right Ltd terms and conditions.
Legal notice: Unless otherwise agreed to in writing prior to start-up of work: payments received later than 48 hours from date of completion are levied a service charge of 1.5% per month and added to balance total. Please pay promptly.
Disclaimer notice: Work to be done as specified, in a professional manner, to normally accepted industry standards. Not responsible for acts of god, unavailable materials, work stoppages, riots, mischief, or thefts; which are outside of the contractors control. Mould/fungus is a naturally occurring organism that we as contractors have no control over; the contractor will not be liable for recurrence/growth of any form or type of mould/fungi.
a) Access to the job site:
Customer agrees and understands that access to the jobsite must be provided between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, for the duration of this job. if at any time access is not available to the contractor for any reason, the customer agrees to reimburse the contractor for expenses incurred for travel and lost time at the rate of £35 per iman-hour, and £0.40p per mile per vehicle.
b) Customer responsibilities:
1. Customer will assume responsibility to remove from any and all work areas, all household and personal items (with the exception of large furniture such as sofas and beds), and store those items away from the work area during the duration of the job. Contractor will not be held liable for damage to any items not removed from the work area. Any and all items remaining in the work area will be moved by the contractor, and the customer agrees to pay the contractor a charge of £35 per man-hour for moving these items. Contractor will move large furniture at no cost to the owner (unless specified otherwise). Contractor will not be held liable for any damage caused by moving any items.
2. The customer must inform us if required or remove themselves all fixtures and fitting to surfaces that require decoration, these include light fittings, door furniture, radiators, blinds or curtain, if not removed Paint Right will try to keep these items free of paint or damage however will not take responsibility for accidental damages, Paint Right will not remove these items unless asked a additional charge of £35 per man-hour will apply.
3. Due to insurance regulations and safety procedures, the customer, other contractors, workers, children, pets, and individuals will not enter the work area unless agreed upon by both the contractor and the customer. If other contractors, workers, children, pets, or individuals are to be present during the duration of the scope of work, the customer shall not schedule or permit such activities that will interfere with or prevent the timely and successful completion of the work. The contractor shall not be held liable for any damage caused to its work by anyone other than the contractor and its employees. The customer agrees to compensate the contractor at the rate of £35 per man-hour to correct all such damage.
c) Customer rights:
The customer has the right to cancel this transaction within three (5) business days from the date of the transaction. If the customer wishes to do so, they must complete a cancellation form which will be provided by the contractor. Upon receipt of the cancellation form, the contractor will return 100% of any deposit or property within ten (14) business days. If cancellation is made after midnight of the third (5th)) business day, the contractor will retain any deposit and charge 10% of the total price agreed.
d) Extra costs/change orders:
1. This contract may only be changed in writing. Additional work performed to be an extra charge, above the total price stated within the scope of this agreement. Additional work to be approved by customer prior to commencing, by signature, on a change order form.
2. if the contractor shows up on the agreed upon date at the agreed upon time, and is unable to complete the contracted work due to circumstances beyond our control (such as inability to enter the worksite; other contractors being late with their portion of the job; or any other reason not directly the fault of the contractor, a £250 minimum charge shall apply. If the job is partially completed, another appointment for completion shall also bear a minimum £200 charge. This charge may be avoided by giving confirmed notice at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled appointment. ‘Confirmed’ notice shall be understood to be either a live conversation with the contractor or a return message from the contractor if you left a message.
The customer authorises the contractor to display a sign for the duration of the job, and to use photographs taken at the jobsite for display, promotion, and advertising, without compensation to the customer. This section will be void if not allowed by covenants or restrictions.
f) Inspection of completed work:
Upon substantial completion of work, the customer agrees to conduct an inspection of the work with the contractor. All defects and uncompleted items should be noted at this time. The inspection must occur under normal lighting conditions, without magnification, and from a normal viewing position, in accordance with the industry standards.
g) Manufacturers specifications:
All materials will be applied and/or in installed according to the manufacturer’s specifications.
h) Industry standards:
All surface preparation, coating application, and/or installation shall meet or exceed industry standards. You are hiring an experienced, professional contractor. Elements of the job will meet or exceed normal accepted practices in the industry.
Contractor warrants that all materials will be of standard or above quality. Labour is warranted for a period of two (12) months. All product warranties will be liable by manufacturers if applicable to customer upon payment in full for work completed. Contractor’s liability under a warranty claim shall not exceed the total price charged for the work performed. Customer shall make warranty claims immediately upon discovering defect or performance problem. *in the event that the substrate or any prior coating fails beneath what the contractor has installed and/or applied, the contractor will not be held liable for the failure of the substrate or any coating. The contractor will not be liable for any defects made by the customer this includes damage or additional painting undertaken by the customer or third party. Failure to comply with the terms, conditions, and payment schedule of this agreement will void all warranties.
J) Signing of contract
On signing of the contract customer agree to all terms and conditions set out in this document and quotation, if the contract isn’t signed by both parties all terms and conditions shall be deemed void, the customer shall be charged a cancellation fee of £150 if the contract isn’t sign prior to commencement of works.